What makes us different?
- One of the key features of Belzona solutions for process vessels is their proven ability to reduce operating, maintenance and replacement costs. When compared with corrosion resistant alloys, Belzona's diverse range of solutions prove to be very cost effective.
Ease of Use and Safety
- Belzona materials are solvent free and cure at ambient temperature, eliminating the need for hot work, and have been designed to be easy and safe in use.
- Thanks to their cold-applied and fast-curing properties, Belzona solutions for process vessels simplify maintenance procedures, eliminate dangerous hot work and extend asset life and inspection periods.
- Spray applied solutions ensure minimum downtime and increase the life of your asset, thereby significantly reducing operating, maintenance and replacement costs.
- Belzona materials are resistant to a wide range of chemicals and heat, and in addition provide outstanding erosion resistance. They also demonstrate excellent resistance to explosive decompression and have tenacious adhesion to a variety of substrates.
Why does it work?
- Belzona offer a total protection solution for lining process vessels with a wide range of epoxy materials. Belzona's cost effective, user friendly solutions will not only prevent corrosion, but can also extend asset life without the need for hot work, optimising the efficiency and reliability of process equipment.
Process vessels are susceptible to erosion and corrosion through constant attack from chemical solutions accelerated by elevated temperatures and entrained solids.
Traditional vessel protection materials can have inherent problems including ease of application and safety of using the materials.
Problems such as erosion, corrosion and chemical attack can lead to several costly implications, including:
- Lost production
- Unplanned shutdowns
- Shorter service life
- Frequent maintenance expenses
- Poor performance
- Un-safe operation of the vessel
Therefore Belzona's complete solution for process vessels is essential to improve and enhance the efficiency of a plant.
Traditional Maintenance Challenges
Linings are the most conventional maintenance solution used by vessel designers to solve the problems of erosion, corrosion and chemical attack of process vessels. Linings allow the vessel to be manufactured from low-cost, easily formed materials such as carbon steel and will protect the vessel from attack.
Traditional linings such as solvented coatings, glass flake coatings, metal cladding and coal tar epoxies can possess disadvantages such as:
- Relatively poor resistance to temperature and erosion compared to solvent- free epoxy systems
- Presence of VOC's that might cause health and safety issues
- Difficulty of application
- High repair costs
Epoxies are proven to be the optimum lining solution as they provide excellent chemical, erosion and temperature resistance.
With over 60 years of experience, the proven systems and technologies offered by Belzona have provided countless clients with enhanced efficiency of process vessels. Decades of experience and Know-How has reinforced our standing as a leader in the application of this technology.
Belzona has solutions for all application areas, from the internal vessel lining through nozzles to the outer edge of the flange face offering complete vessel protection.
To find out more about Belzona products, please contact one of our technical support consultants or your local distributor for information.