Belzona 1151 (Smoothing Metal)
A 2-part epoxy-based repair composite for rebuilding shallow pitting in metals damaged by erosion and corrosion. This solvent-free material is specifically formulated to easily fill in areas of metal loss up to 6 mm deep, quickly restoring large areas and avoiding hot work and plate welding. Belzona 1151 (Smoothing Metal) will not corrode and will resist a wide range of chemicals.
This repair composite is ideally suited to be overcoated with epoxy coatings such as Belzona 1321 (Ceramic S-Metal) for long-term protection against the effects of erosion, corrosion and chemical attack.
- Multi-purpose durable repair composite for rebuilding pitting and metal loss up to 6 mm deep
- Application and cure at room temperature - no hot work involved
- Excellent erosion and corrosion resistance
- Fast cure for rapid return to service
- Easy to mix and apply even on large areas
- Reduced health and safety risks as it is solvent-free
- No shrinkage, expansion or distortion
- Excellent adhesion to metals including stainless steel, carbon steel, aluminium, brass and copper
- Outstanding chemical resistance against a wide range of chemicals
- Excellent electrical insulation characteristics
Applications for Belzona 1151 (Smoothing Metal) include:
- Resurface of pitted metal surfaces in equipment such as process vessels, heat exchangers and pumps
- Repair of cracks and holes on engine and pump casings, pipes, tanks and other equipment
- Repair of damaged shafts and hydraulic rams
- In-situ flange repair
- High strength structural adhesive for metal bonding
- Creation of irregular load bearing shims and reforming of bearing housing
|Key technical data:
|Working life at 25°C (77°F)
|Overcoating time at 25°C (77°F)
|Time to mechanical cure at 25°C (77°F)
|Adhesion (ASTM D1002)
||2,800 psi (19.3MPa) on grit blasted mild steel
||200°C (392°F) dry
||Aluminium, copper, steel, stainless steel, cast iron, lead, glass, wood and many more
||Bonding, shimming, filling, gluing, patch repairs and many more
||3 kg. Unit sizes may vary locally
* All products are subject to regional restrictions. Check with your local Distributor for more information
For more information about Belzona 1151 (Smoothing Metal) contact us or find your local distributor.
You can apply to join Belzona Connect to access additional information including SDS and instructions for use.