Belzona 1212 Leak Sealing Kit
The Belzona 1212 Leak Sealing Kit is ideal to be kept onsite as it allows for the rapid repair of damaged pipework suffering the effects of corrosion, erosion or mechanical damage.
With all the necessary equipment at hand, a composite pipe wrap can be effectively performed in an emergency situation, greatly reducing costly downtime and production loss. Eliminating the health and safety risks associated with conventional cut and weld hot work, Belzona cold-applied metal repair composites are simple to use and can be applied by your maintenance team.
Belzona 9611 is a rapid cure epoxy based "stick" type emergency repair product specifically designed to stop fluid leakage prior to repair with other permanent Belzona systems. Once the leak is stemmed, Belzona 1212, a paste-grade material can be applied incorporating Belzona 9341 a high strength knitted reinforcing tape, to perform a composite pipe wrap and provide strength to the repair.
The kit contains:
- Belzona 9111 (Cleaner Degreaser)
- Belzona 9611 – Emergency live leak sealing stick
- Belzona 1212 - Surface-tolerant, 2-part epoxy composite for emergency in-situ metal repair of oil contaminated, wet and underwater substrates
- Belzona 9341 – Reinforcement tape (4m x 7.5cm wide)
- Belzona tourniquet – 50mm
- Belzona large plastic spatula (x2)
- Simple to use as all the necessary accessories are in one kit
- Fast cure for high speed emergency repairs with minimal disruption
- The materials included exhibit excellent adhesion to manually prepared damp, oil contaminated and underwater substrates
- Excellent adhesion to metals including stainless steel, carbon steel, lead, aluminium, brass and copper as well as many other materials
- Reduced health and safety risks as it is cold-applied and solvent-free allowing application even in confined spaces
- Light weight kit allowing easy transportation to emergency situations and areas with limited access
Applications for the Belzona Leak Sealing Kit include:
- Emergency repair of oil and water leaks on pipes
- Permanent pipe wraps
- Transformer leak sealing
|Key technical data:
|Working life at 20°C (68°F)
|Time to full mechanical loading at 20°C (68°F)
|Pull off adhesion (ASTM D4541 / ISO 4624) following a 7 day cure at 20°C (68°F) on manually prepared ground steel (SSPC-SP11/ ISO 8501-1 St3)
||4105 psi (28.3 MPa) on transformer oil contaminated mild steel; 4100 psi (28.3 MPa) on wet mild steel
|Compressive strength (ASTM D695)
||10,935 psi (75.4 MPa) 24 hour cure at 20°C (68°F)
|Tensile strength (ASTM D638)
||3,625 psi (25 MPa) 24 hour cure at 20°C (68°F)
|Tensile Shear Adhesion (ASTM D1002) following a 7 day cure at 20°C (68°F)
||On manually prepared ground mild steel (SSPC-SP11/ISO 8501-1 St3)
Clean and dry 2,575 psi (17.8 MPa)
Transformer oil 2,615 psi (18.0 MPa)
Wet 1,970 psi (13.6 MPa)
Underwater 1,915 psi (13.2 MPa)
* All products are subject to regional restrictions. Check with your local Distributor for more information
For more information about the Belzona Leak Sealing Kit contact us or find your local distributor.
You can apply to join Belzona Connect to access additional information including SDS and instructions for use.