Belzona 1821 (Fluid Metal)
A 2-part fluid epoxy resin designed for the repair and creation of positive grip systems on metallic surfaces of machinery and equipment and walking areas. This solvent-free material is ideal where slip reduction, chemical and wear resistance are required.
The coating is used in conjunction with Belzona aggregates to create positive drive and reduce slippage. Belzona 1821 (Fluid Metal) is easy to mix and can be applied manually without the need for specialist tools. It will cure at room temperature, eliminating the need for hot work.
- Application and cure at room temperature - no hot work involved
- Outstanding adhesion to metallic surfaces including aluminium
- Excellent wear and chemical resistance
- High compressive strength
- Reduces potential for accidents
- Hard wearing grip aggregate that does not peel or wear away like adhesive strips
- Solvent-free and low odour allowing work to be carried out on site in public areas
- Surface does not polish
- Can be used in conjunction with the aggregates Belzona Supergrip and Superfoot
Applications for Belzona 1821 (Fluid Metal) include:
- Creation of positive grip systems on conveyor drive drums, rollers, fork lift grab arms and dynamometers
- Floor adhesive coatings to provide a slip reduction system on metallic walkways and fire escapes
- Safety coatings on vehicles step ups, dock levellers and loading ramps
|Key technical data:
|Working life at 25°C (77°F)
|Time to full mechanical loading at 25°C (77°F)
|Volume capacity (1 kg)
||29.2 cu.in. (478 cm3)
|Coverage rate (1 kg)
||Practical coverage rate for a 1 coat system:
0.86 sq.m. (9.25 sq.ft.) per kilogram
|Adhesion – Tensile shear tested per ASTM D1002
||Mild Steel: 20.6 MPa (3,000 psi)
||5 years when stored between 0°C (32°F) and 30°C (86°F)
||Metals including steel, aluminium, stainless steel as well as other materials
||Positive grip systems, slip reduction systems
||1 kg - Pack sizes may vary locally
* All products are subject to regional restrictions. Check with your local Distributor for more information
For more information about Belzona 1821 (Fluid Metal) contact us or find your local distributor.
You can apply to join Belzona Connect to access additional information including SDS and instructions for use.