Belzona 4331 (Magma CR3)
A high performance, 2-part epoxy coating optimised for resistance to hot organic acids such as acetic acid and organic solvents up to 90°C (194°F). This solvent-free coating isolates concrete and metal surfaces from deteriorating chemical environments.
Belzona 4331 (Magma CR3) provides a safe and hygienic surface which meets the USDA requirements for incidental food contact. It is simple to apply by brush in one or two coats without the need of specialist tools and cures at room temperature.
- Excellent chemical resistance against a wide range of chemicals including hot organic acids, alkalis and strong solvents
- USDA approved to provide safe and hygienic surfaces with no tainting of foodstuffs
- Reduced health and safety risks as it is solvent-free
- Application and cure at room temperature - no hot work involved
- Good resistance to hot immersion
- Excellent bonding to all rigid substrates including concrete, stone, brick, stainless steel, mild steel, carbon steel and copper
Applications for Belzona 4331 (Magma CR3) include:
- Chemical resistant material for protecting acid retaining walls, bund areas, chemical spill areas and concrete tank plinths
- Sealing of chemical drains and channels
- Protection of pump bases and casings from chemical spill
- Creation of slip resistant walkways in chemical containment areas when combined with a Belzona aggregate
- Lining of immersed equipment such as pumps, vessels or tanks to protect against acid attack
|Key technical data:
|Working life at 20°C (68°F)
|Time to full mechanical cure at 20°C (68°F)
|Recommended coverage rate (1.5kg unit)
||Practical coverage rate for a 2 coat system:
1.85 sq.m. (20 sq.ft.) per 1.5 kilogram per coat
|Pull off adhesion (D4541/ISO 4624)
||4,770 psi (32.9 MPa) ambient cure on blasted mild steel
|Compressive strength (ASTM D695)
||10,400 psi (71.7 MPa) ambient cure
||90⁰C (194⁰F) immersed, 200⁰C (392⁰F) dry
||Aluminium, copper, steel, stainless steel, cast iron concrete, stone, brick and other materials
||Coating of concrete and metal for resistance to hot organic acids
||1kg. Pack sizes may vary locally.
* All products are subject to regional restrictions. Check with your local Distributor for more information
For more information about Belzona 4331 (Magma CR3) please contact us or find your local distributor.
You can apply to join Belzona Connect to access additional information including SDS and instructions for use.