Belzona 1251 (HA-Metal)
A durable, single component metal repair composite based on a silicon alloy blended with a heat-activated epoxy resin. Designed to repair and protect metal surfaces suffering from Corrosion under Insulation (CUI), Belzona 1251 (HA-Metal) can be easily applied by spatula, applicator or brush.
This heat-activated material can be applied directly onto hot surfaces (70-150°C / 158-302°F) with minimal surface preparation avoiding production downtime. Once cured, this solvent-free repair composite provides outstanding corrosion protection.
Belzona 1251 (HA-Metal) is ideally suited to be over coated with Belzona 5851 (HA-Barrier) to ensure long-lasting performance.
- In-situ application to live equipment operating at high temperature with minimal surface preparation
- Multi-purpose durable metal repair composite
- Single pack system, no weighing or mixing required
- Reduced health and safety risks as it is solvent-free
- Fast cure allowing equipment to be re-insulated with minimum delay
- Excellent corrosion protection
- Impact and abrasion resistance
- Good chemical resistance against a wide range of chemicals
- Excellent adhesion to metals including stainless steel, carbon steel, aluminium, brass and copper
- Does not corrode
Applications for Belzona 1251 (HA-Metal) include:
- Repair and prevention of Corrosion under Insulation (CUI)
- Resurface of pitted metal surfaces
- Repair of thin-wall defects
- Bonding of doubler plates
- Leak sealing of pipework
|Key technical data:
|Working life at 25°C (77°F)
*cure will not commence until the product is heated
|Time to mechanical cure 100°C (212°F)
|Tensile shear adhesion (ASTM D1002)
||2,200 psi (15.2 MPa) after cure at 100°C (212°F) applied to clean, ground steel
|Compressive strength (ASTM D695)
||18,100 psi (124.8 MPa) after 7 days cure at 100°C (212°F)
||Aluminium, copper, steel, stainless steel, cast iron, and other metals
||Repair and protection of CUI problems, leak repairs, bonding, filling and many more
||750g, 5kg. Unit sizes may vary locally
* All products are subject to regional restrictions. Check with your local Distributor for more information
For more information about Belzona 1251 (HA-Metal) contact us or find your local distributor.
You can apply to join Belzona Connect to access additional information including SDS and instructions for use.