Belzona 2141 (ACR-Fluid Elastomer)
A 2-part polyurethane resin designed for the coating of metal and rubber components. This flexible rubber material is appropriate for coating extremely high localised pressure areas where abrasion, cavitation, erosion and corrosion resistance are required. This fluid material is easy to mix and apply without the need for specialist tools and it cures at room temperature eliminating the need for hot work.
- Outstanding protection against cavitation at ultra-high velocities (up to 115 knots with no damage)
- Excellent protection against abrasion, erosion and corrosion
- Application and cure at room temperature - no hot work involved
- Excellent adhesion to a wide variety of substrates including metals, alloys, natural and synthetic rubbers fibreglass and composites
- Can be applied using injection and forming techniques
- Excellent adhesion in long-term immersion - meets the ASTM D3623 requirements (90 day immersed cathodic disbondment test)
- Reduced health and safety risks as it is solvent-free
- High elongation - up to 530%
- Good chemical resistance to a wide variety of chemicals
Applications for Belzona 2141 (ACR-Fluid Elastomer) include:
- Coatings of cooling water pump impellers, wicket gates and stay vanes
- Anti-cavitation coating on Kaplan and Francis turbines
- Creation of a protective coating on ship propellers and Kort nozzles to provide long-term cavitation, erosion and corrosion protection
- Protective coating on shafts, valves and filters to prevent the effects of erosion and cavitation
|Key technical data:
|Working life at 25°C (77°F)
|Time to full mechanical cure at 25°C (77°F)
|Abrasion resistance with ASTM D4060 - Taber with 1kg load at 21°C (70°F)
||H18 Wheels (Wet) - 39 mm³ loss per 1000 cycles
H18 Wheels (Dry) - 50 mm³ loss per 1000 cycles
|Shore A Hardness (ASTM D2240)
|Cavitation resistance with a modified version of ASTM G32, 20kHz frequency and 50µ amplitude
||0.07 mm³/hr. volume loss
|Coverage rate (750g unit)
||0.61 sq.m. (6.6 sq.ft) at 1000 microns (40 mil) thickness
||Rubber, PVC, aluminium, copper, steel, stainless steel, cast iron, lead, glass, wood, most plastics and many more
||Coating, lining, resurfacing
||750g. Pack sizes may vary locally.
* All products are subject to regional restrictions. Check with your local Distributor for more information
For more information about Belzona 2141 (ACR-Fluid Elastomer) contact us or find your local distributor.
You can apply to join Belzona Connect to access additional information including SDS and instructions for use.