Belzona 1221 (Super E-Metal)
A 2-part composite material for metal repair based on a silicone steel reinforced polymer system. Due to its fast curing characteristics, this repair material is ideal for emergency repair situations. It can be machined using conventional tools and provides a permanent metal bonding or rebuilding solution.
- Fast cure for high speed emergency repairs
- Multi-purpose durable repair composite
- Fully machinable using conventional tools
- Packaged in individual, pocket-sized sachets for convenience
- Application and cure at room temperature - no hot work involved
- Reduced health and safety risks as it is solvent free
- No shrinkage, expansion or distortion
- Excellent adhesion to metals including stainless steel, carbon steel, aluminium, brass and copper
- Will adhere to many other natural and synthetic materials including glass, wood, etc.
- Outstanding corrosion resistance
- Excellent chemical resistance against a wide range of chemicals
- Excellent electrical insulation characteristics
Applications for Belzona 1221 (Super E-Metal) include:
- Repair of leaking pipes and tanks
- Repair of cracks and holes on engine and pump casings, pipes, tanks and other equipment
- Resurface of pitted metal surfaces
- Repair of damaged shafts and hydraulic rams
- Repair of plastic and metal joints
- Shimming and reseating of irregular equipment
|Key technical data:
|Working life at 25°C (77°F)
|Time to mechanical cure 25°C (77°F)
|Pull off adhesion (D4541 / ISO 4624)
||1,500 psi (10.34 MPa) on blasted mild steel
|Compressive strength (ASTM D695)
||8,100 psi (54.84 MPa)
||60°C (140°F) immersed, 150°C (302°F) dry
||Aluminium, copper, steel, stainless steel, cast iron, lead, glass, wood, most plastics and many more
||Leak repairs, bonding, shimming, filling, gluing, patch repairs and many more
||125g. Unit sizes may vary locally.
* All products are subject to regional restrictions. Check with your local Distributor for more information
For more information about Belzona 1221 (Super E-Metal) contact us or find your local distributor.
You can apply to join Belzona Connect to access additional information including SDS and instructions for use.