Belzona 2121 (D&A Hi-Coat Elastomer)
A 2-part polyurethane resin designed for the coating of metal and rubber components. This flexible rubber material is appropriate for applications where durability, elasticity, high abrasion and tear resistance are required. It is easy to mix and apply without the need for specialist tools and it cures at room temperature eliminating the need for hot work and vulcanisation.
- Outstanding protection against wear, impact and abrasion
- Application and cure at room temperature - no hot work or vulcanisation involved
- Excellent adhesion to a wide variety of substrates including natural rubber, nitrile, neoprene, SBR (Styrene Butadiene Rubber), polyurethane, PVC, steel, copper and concrete
- Seamless application - small or large areas treated in one operation
- Outstanding mechanical strength
- Reduced health and safety risks as it is solvent-free
- Excellent chemical resistance to a wide variety of chemicals
- High elongation - up to 550%
- Good electrical resistance
- Protection against erosion and corrosion
Applications for Belzona 2121 (D&Hi-Coat Elastomer) include:
- Cold-curing rubber linings on pump casings and impellers to provide durable impact and wear protection
- Coating of tanks and fluid handling equipment to repair and prevent against wear, erosion and corrosion
- Creation of anti-cavitation protective coating on ship propellers
- Rubber coatings of vibrator feed bowls
|Key technical data:
|Working life at 25°C (77°F)
|Time to mechanical cure 25°C (77°F)
|Abrasion resistance (tested to DIN 53-516)
||130 (relative volume loss)
|Shore A Hardness (ASTM D2240)
|Volume capacity (500g unit)
||458 cm³ (27.95 cu.in)
|Coverage rate (500g unit)
||0.92 sq.m. (9.9 sq.ft) at 500 microns (20 mil) thickness
||Rubber, PVC, aluminium, copper, steel, stainless steel, cast iron, lead, glass, wood, most plastics and many more
||Coating, lining, resurfacing, patch repairs and many more
||500g. Pack sizes may vary locally.
* All products are subject to regional restrictions. Check with your local Distributor for more information
For more information about Belzona 2121 (D&A Hi-Coat Elastomer) contact us or find your local distributor.
You can apply to join Belzona Connect to access additional information including SDS and instructions for use.