Belzona 1121 (Super XL-Metal)
A 2-part repair composite for metal repair and resurfacing based on solvent free epoxy resin reinforced with silicon steel alloy. This repair material has been developed to offer an extended working life, ideal for large applications where greater volumes of material are required or to provide adequate working time at higher temperatures. Belzona 1121 (Super XL-Metal) will not corrode and resists a wide range of chemicals. It is easy to mix and apply without the need of specialist tools and can be machined using conventional tools.
- Multi-purpose durable repair composite with extended working life
- Fully machinable using conventional tools
- Application and cure at room temperature - no hot work involved
- Simple mixing ratio
- Reduced health and safety risks as it is solvent free
- No shrinkage, expansion or distortion
- Excellent adhesion to metals including stainless steel, carbon steel, aluminium, brass and copper
- Will adhere to many other natural and synthetic materials including glass and wood
- Outstanding corrosion resistance
- Excellent chemical resistance against a wide range of chemicals
- Excellent electrical insulation characteristics
Applications for Belzona 1121 (Super XL-Metal) include:
- Resurface of large pitted metal surfaces
- Repair of damaged shafts and hydraulic rams
- In situ flange repair
- High strength structural adhesive for metal bonding
- Creation of irregular load bearing shims and reforming of bearing housings
|Key technical data:
|Working life at 25°C (77°F)
|Time to mechanical cure at 25°C (77°F)
|Pull off adhesion (D4541 / ISO 4624)
||2,180 psi (15.03MPa) ambient cure on blasted mild steel
|Compressive strength (ASTM D695)
||12,500 psi (86.18MPa) ambient cure
||60°C (140°F) immersed, 175°C (350°F) dry
||Aluminium, copper, steel, stainless steel, cast iron, lead, glass, wood, most plastics and many more
||Bonding, shimming, filling, gluing, patch repairs and many more
||1kg, 3kg. Pack sizes may vary locally.
For more information about Belzona 1121 (Super XL-Metal) contact us or find your local distributor.
You can apply to join Belzona Connect to access additional information including MSDS and instructions for use.