Belzona 5851 (HA-Barrier)
A solvent-free, single component epoxy coating, which cures in contact with hot surfaces and is designed to prevent or protect metal from corrosion under insulation (CUI). Belzona 5851 (HA-Barrier) can be easily applied by brush and does not require any weighing or mixing.
This heat activated material can be applied directly onto hot surfaces (70-150°C / 158-302°F) with minimal surface preparation, avoiding production downtime. Once cured, it provides outstanding corrosion protection. Also available is Belzona 1251 (HA-Barrier), a heat-activated epoxy repair composite which can be used in fill pitting and bond equipment among other applications.
- In-situ application to live equipment operating at high temperature with minimal surface preparation
- Single pack system, no weighing or mixing required
- Reduced health and safety risks as it is solvent-free and no hot work is required
- Fast cure allowing equipment to be re-insulated with minimum delay
- Excellent corrosion protection
- Good chemical resistance against a wide range of chemicals
- Excellent adhesion to (even to manually prepared) metals including stainless steel, carbon steel, aluminium, brass and copper
- Thermally stable up to 150°C (302°F) in dry conditions
Applications for Belzona 5851 (HA-Barrier) include:
- Prevention of corrosion under insulation (CUI)
- Long-term corrosion protection of hot pipework and process equipment
- In-situ external coating of process vessels during service operating at high temperature avoiding production downtime
|Key technical data:
||Unlimited *cure will not commence until the product is heated
|Time to full cure 100°C (212°F)
|Coverage rate (1kg)
||Theoretical coverage rate for a 2 coat system:
2.4 sq.m. (25 sq.ft.) per kilogram per coat
|Volume capacity (1kg)
||476 cm3 (29 cu.in.)
||Up to 150°C (302°F)
|Heat distortion temperature (tested per ASTM D648)
||127°C (261°F) after 7 days cure at 100°C (212°F)
||Aluminium, copper, steel, stainless steel, cast iron, and other metals
||Protection against CUI problems, heat activated coating for live process equipment
||1.5kg, 8kg. Unit sizes may vary locally.
* All products are subject to regional restrictions. Check with your local Distributor for more information
For more information about Belzona 5851 (HA-Barrier) please contact us or find your local distributor.
You can apply to join Belzona Connect to access additional information including SDS and instructions for use.