Belzona 6111 (Liquid Anode)
A two-part zinc rich epoxy resin designed for the coating of metallic surfaces to provide corrosion protection. This solvent based material is ideal in marine and industrial environments where long-term corrosion resistance is required.
Belzona 6111 (Liquid Anode) is easy to mix and can be applied by brush or by spray without the need for specialist tools. It will cure at room temperature, eliminating the need for hot work.
- Application and cure at room temperature - no hot work involved
- Can be sprayed for large application area
- Outstanding corrosion resistance by providing a cathodic protection as the system contains not less than 90% high purity zinc dust in the dry film
- Does not allow rust creep at damaged areas
- "Self-healing" properties
- Can be overcoated to increase chemical resistance using Belzona 5111 (Ceramic Cladding)
Applications for Belzona 6111 (Liquid Anode) include:
- Steel corrosion protection of structural surfaces such as bridges and handrails
- Long-term protection against external cathodic corrosion of pipes and storage tanks
- Protection and sealing of tank bases suffering from water ingress and external corrosion
|Key technical data:
|Working life at 20°C (68°F)
|Time to full mechanical cure at 20°C (68°F)
|Heat resistance (dry heat)
|Corrosion resistance – BS 3900
||Part F3 artificial weathering 60 weeks (equivalent to 20 years natural weathering) - no corrosion breakdown on the system
|Coverage rate (1 kg)
||Practical coverage rate for a 2 coat system:
1.8 sq.m. (19.4 sq.ft.) per kilogram per coat at 38 microns 1.5 mil) thickness
||3 years when stored between 0°C (32°F) and 30°C (86°F)
||Protective coating, lining
||10 litres - Pack sizes may vary locally.
* All products are subject to regional restrictions. Check with your local Distributor for more information
For more information about Belzona 6111 (Liquid Anode) please contact us or find your local distributor.
You can apply to join Belzona Connect to access additional information including SDS and instructions for use.