A 2-part paste-grade epoxy composite material combining abrasion resistant ceramic aggregates in a polymeric binder for the repair and protection of equipment operating at temperatures up to 200⁰C (392⁰F).
Belzona 1813 has been formulated to protect metal surfaces from abrasive attack at high temperatures and is resistant to a wide range of chemicals. This new generation technology creates a seamless but highly durable lining capable of being applied in thin or thick layers, providing greater opportunities to modify profiles and improve flow.
- Excellent resistance to impact and abrasion
- Very high heat distortion temperature
- Will not corrode
- Solvent-free allowing it to be applied safely in confined areas
- Excellent bonding to many metal surfaces including steel and cast iron
- Application and cure at room temperature - no hot work involved
- Long working life
- Fast cure rate ensures prompt return to service
- High mechanical strength
Applications for Belzona 1813 include:
- Protection of pipework, pipe bends, elbows and valves from damage due to abrasive attack
- Bonding and grouting tiles and wear plates where high abrasion resistance is required
- Repair of screw conveyors and centrifuges damaged by erosion and corrosion
- Linings for worn hoppers, chutes, mixer blades and other equipment subject to abrasion
|Key technical data:
|Working life at 20°C (68°F)
|Time to full mechanical cure at 20°C (68°F)
|Abrasion resistance - Taber with 1kg load (ASTM D4060)
||H10 Wheels (Wet) - 45 mm³ loss per 1000 cycles
|Tensile shear adhesion at 20°C (68°F) (ASTM D1002)
||2,190 psi (15.10 MPa) on blasted mild steel
||200°C (392°F) dry
||Steel, cast iron, staineless steel and other metals and materials
||High temperature lining for equipment subject to abrasion attack
||2kg, 20kg. Pack sizes may vary locally.
* All products are subject to regional restrictions. Check with your local Distributor for more information
For more information about Belzona 1813 contact us or find your local distributor.
You can apply to join Belzona Connect to access additional information including SDS and instructions for use.