Belzona 1131 (Bearing Metal)
A 2-part epoxy metal repair composite with self-lubricating properties for creation of low friction surfaces and protection of lubrication systems from wear and seizure in the event of lubrication loss. This solvent-free repair composite has a unique micro-porous structure which allows it to trap and hold lubricating oil, minimising friction at start-up and improving the efficiency of mechanical equipment such as pumps. It has outstanding chemical resistance and will bond to almost any rigid surface without the need for hot work.
- Protection of equipment from wear and seizure
- Reduction of friction at start up
- Reduced health and safety risks as it is solvent-free
- Simple mixing ratio
- Application and cure at room temperature - no hot work involved
- No shrinkage, expansion or distortion
- Can be easily applied in thick or thin sections in one operation allowing rapid return to service
- High mechanical strength and heat resistance
- Excellent bonding to almost any rigid surface including steel, aluminium, copper, stainless steel, brass, cast iron and many more
Applications for Belzona 1131 (Bearing Metal) include:
- Rebuilding of worn shafts at bearing locations
- Repair and efficiency increase of mechanical equipment including pump rotating elements
- Repair and creation of plain bearings
- Creation of bushings
- Sliding low friction wear layers for pipe supports
|Key technical data:
|Working life at 25°C (77°F)
|Time to mechanical cure 25°C (77°F)
|Pull off adhesion (D4541 / ISO 4624)
||1,770 psi (12.2 MPa) on grit blasted steel
|Compressive yield strength (ASTM D695)
||10,800 psi (74.5 MPa)
||100°C (212°F) immersed, 200°C (392°F) dry
||Steel, aluminium, copper, stainless steel, brass, cast iron and most other rigid surfaces
||Creation of low friction surfaces, rebuilding of worn equipment, efficiency increase
||1 kg. Pack sizes may vary locally.
* All products are subject to regional restrictions. Check with your local Distributor for more information
For more information about Belzona 1131 (Bearing Metal) contact us or find your local distributor.
You can apply to join Belzona Connect to access additional information including SDS and instructions for use.