Machinery & Equipment
- Engines & Casings
- Fans, Blowers & Compressors
- Gaskets, Seals & Shims
- Valves, Pipes & Fittings
- Solids Handling Machinery
- Heat Exchangers
- Mechanical Power Transmission
- Tanks & Chemical Containment Areas
- Ships & Offshore Structures
Reforming and Protective Materials for Engines and Casings
Belzona provides a wide range of composite repair materials especially suited to the rebuilding and restoration of engines and casings. Our materials are used regularly on large industrial engines such as locomotives, marine engines and generators.
Multi-purpose machinable repair and rebuild composites, such as Belzona 1111 (Super Metal), allow for the quick return to service of critical equipment and faster turnaround times for repairs over traditional methods such as welding, minimising cost and downtime.
The repair of heavily contaminated surfaces can be performed with Belzona 1212, our surface tolerant, cold curing repair composite for fast applications. Used in-situ, this rapid cure material adheres to manually prepared surfaces and can be applied directly onto oily, wet or even underwater areas.
Damage due to heat, impact and corrosion can be quickly repaired using Belzona's paste grade materials, including Belzona 1511 (Super HT-Metal) for high temperature repairs, and then protected further using Belzona 1300 and Belzona 1500 Series of high temperature coatings. These cold cure and solvent free materials are designed to coat a variety of substrates, offering long-term erosion and corrosion protection when operating at high temperatures.
For engine chocking and grouting, Belzona 7111 spreads out evenly across irregular surfaces providing excellent alignment and anchorage. This 100% solids, pourable, chocking system will not shrink during cure and possesses self-levelling properties, facilitating a quick and simple application. Its excellent load bearing capability is demonstrated by a comparably high compressive strength whilst ensuring corrosion and vibration resistance.
Belzona's range of metal repair composites will:
- Resurface distorted mating faces on gearboxes and casings
- Accurately reform bearing and bushing housings
- Restore stripped threads in parts such as cover plates and sump plugs
- Effectively repair cracks and holes caused by mechanical failure, wear, erosion and corrosion
- Repair erosion, corrosion and cavitation damage on cylinder blocks and liners
- Simply repair and reseat bearing shells
- Fill voids and defects in metal casings
- Quickly seal porous and permeable casings
- Restore flanges to their original dimension
- Provide excellent alignment and anchorage for chocking and grouting applications
In addition to metal repair composites, Belzona's range of rubber repair and protection materials can be used to rebound resilient mountings or cast new mountings. Belzona 3211 (Lagseal) can also be used to protect the thermal insulation surrounding the casing.