Belzona 5231 (SG Laminate)
A 2-part epoxy coating for floor protection, which provides excellent chemical and abrasion resistance, and ensures a slip resistant flooring due to the incorporation of a durable aggregate. This solvent-free material can be easily mixed and applied by roller on a range of surfaces including concrete and steel, and will reduce downtime due to its fast-curing properties.
Belzona 5231 (SG Laminate) is available in light or dark gray, or bright yellow for improved safety in potentially dangerous areas. Thanks to its low odour, this material is ideally suited to be used in places such as hospitals, schools and production facilities.
- Outstanding chemical and abrasion resistance
- Slip resistant flooring available in a range of bright colours to reduce health and safety hazards
- Protects and extends the life of concrete floors
- Reduced downtime due to its fast-curing properties
- Easily mixed and applied by roller – no hot work involved
- Reduced health and safety risks as it is solvent-free
- Suitable for pedestrian and vehicular traffic
- Versatile in use as can be applied to a range of rigid surfaces including concrete and steel
- Ensures a seamless monolithic finish
Applications for Belzona 5231 (SG Laminate) include:
- Epoxy coating for slip reduction in floor areas such as workshops, industrial and storage facilities, stairs, kitchens, manufacturing plants, bridges and many more
- Long-term protection from chemical spills and abrasion in areas such as chemical storage, secondary containment areas, walls in process areas and other facilities
|Key technical data:
|Working life at 20°C (68°F)
|Cure time at 20°C (68°F)
||4 hours (light pedestrian traffic/overcoating)**
|Pull off adhesion (ASTM D4541)
||3,270 psi (22.4MPa) on blasted steel
1,050 psi (7.1MPa) on dry concrete
||Practical coverage rate for a 2 coat system:
1st coat 20 sq.m. (215 sq.ft.) per 4 litre unit
2nd coat 26 sq.m. (280 sq.ft.) per 4 litre unit
||Most metallic and non-metallic surfaces including concrete and steel
||Slip reduction flooring, chemical and abrasion resistance for exposed areas
||4 ltr. Pack sizes may vary locally.
* All products are subject to regional restrictions. Check with your local Distributor for more information
**Cohesive failure in substrate
For more information about Belzona 5231 (SG Laminate) please contact us or find your local distributor.
You can apply to join Belzona Connect to access additional information including SDS and instructions for use.