Belzona 3411 (Encapsulating Membrane)
A 2-part hybrid polymer coating designed to be used to completely encapsulate any shape, size or configuration of flanged joint to exclude moisture and prevent crevice, galvanic and atmospheric corrosion. When used in combination with the corrosion inhibitor Belzona 8411, Belzona 3411 (Encapsulating Membrane) provides outstanding long-term corrosion protection.
This solvent-free coating can be easily cut and peeled back to allow access to fastenings and furthermore, on completion of the maintenance work, it can be simply reinstated with the application of a further layer of Belzona 3411 (Encapsulating Membrane) coating.
Belzona 3411 (Encapsulating Membrane) is a tough, flexible topcoat which can be applied by brush and does not require heat or specialist tools for its application.
- Excellent corrosion protection
- Peelable and resealable system, allowing easy access to fastening if required
- Simple and quick to apply with no associated hot work
- Fast cure to allow quick application
- Excellent adhesion onto manually prepared surfaces
- Excellent UV and environmental weathering resistance
- Heat resistant
- Good fire resistance
- Classed as low hazard making it safe to use
Applications for Belzona 3411 (Encapsulating Membrane) include:
- Protection of flanges, fastenings and associated pipe elements
|Key technical data:
|Corrosion resistance (ASTM B117)
||No corrosion after 1000 hours** exposure to a salt-fog atmosphere at 35°C (95°F)
|90° Peel adhesion (ASTM D429)
||Manually prepared (ISO 8501-1 St 2) carbon steel: >6.6pli / 1.16MPa
Manually prepared solvent-free epoxy paint: >6.4pli / 1.12MPa
Manually prepared solvent-borne polyurethane paint: >6.4pli / 1.12MPa
|Elongation (ASTM D412)
||Unreinforced = 66%
Reinforced = 24%
|Tensile strength (ASTM D412)
||Unreinforced = 410psi / 2.8 MPa
Reinforced = 670psi / 4.6 MPa
|Tear strength (ASTM D624)
||Unreinforced = 21pli / 3.7N/mm
Reinforced = 100pli / 17.9N/mm
||Light grey, beige
||Belzona 3411: 0.4 sq.m. (4.4 sq.ft) at 1500 microns (60 mil) thickness
Belzona 8411: 4.8 sq.m. (51.7 sq.ft) at 125 microns (5 mil) thickness
||Belzona 3411: 1-4 hours
Belzona 8411: 1 hour
||Flanged joint encapsulation, corrosion protection
* All products are subject to regional restrictions. Check with your local Distributor for more information
For more information about Belzona 3411 (Encapsulating Membrane) please contact us or find your local distributor.
You can apply to join Belzona Connect to access additional information including SDS and instructions for use.