Belzona Flange Face Forming Kit
The Belzona Flange Face Forming kit is a unique repair kit developed to aid the flange face forming technology in combating the common problems with mating surfaces of flanged joints such as heat distortion, corrosion and erosion. In conjunction with Belzona 2-part epoxy repair composites such as Belzona 1111 (Super Metal) this flange repair kit provides a complete package solution which is simple to implement and cost-effective.
Corrosive action of chemicals, crevice corrosion, bimetallic corrosion and high pressure steam can result in the deterioration and subsequent leakage of flanges. Proven for over 10 years, the Belzona flange face forming technology eliminates the need for conventional cut and weld methods involving hot work and allows for the simple application in emergency situations, especially in areas with limited access such as on offshore platforms.
The Belzona Flange Face Forming Kit includes all the equipment required to effectively complete a Belzona flange face forming repair, eliminating the need for spare flanges of multiple sizes. It contains 6 reusable plastic formers to repair the most common flange sizes found in the industry, as well as all other necessary application tools for a quick and easy repair.
- Simple to use as all the necessary accessories are in one kit
- Each flange face former can be reused hundreds of times
- Light weight allowing easy transportation to emergency situations and areas with limited access
- Minimised downtime as the kit eliminates the need for replacement parts
Applications for the Belzona Flange Face Forming Technology include:
- Restoring damaged flange faces
- Corrosion resistance for old and new flange faces
- Isolation of dissimilar metals from forming corrosion cells
- Can be used in conjunction with Belzona nozzle insert and the vessel lining solutions to form a continuous internal lining film terminated outside the process environment
|Key technical data:
|Flanges to repair
||ANSI 300# 2” XS, STD, 40, 80, 120, 160, XXS
ANSI 300# 3” XS, STD, 40, 80, 120, 160, XXS
ANSI 300# 4” XS, STD, 40, 80, 120, 160, XXS
|Operating pressure and temperature
||ANSI 300# rated RF flange faces operating at 120oC 248oF or below
|Proven for substrates
||Carbon steel, copper nickel, duplex stainless steel, austenitic stainless steel, inconel, monel and hast alloy
|Substrate preparation requirements
||Belzona recommend SA2.5 surface cleanliness and an average surface profile of 75µm. Power tool cleaning shall comply to SSPS-SP11 producing a bare metal cleaned surface with a minimum 25 micron (1 mil) profile
||Reforming severely corroded sealing faces on flanges in the following systems as long as the flange is structurally sound and capable of being bolted up to the required torque:
a.Seawater (firewater, water injection etc.)
i.Mud and cement
|Limitations on RF flanges
||In hydrocarbon service, Belzona raised face flange repairs have been tested with operating pressures up to 150 bar.
* All products are subject to regional restrictions. Check with your local Distributor for more information
For more information about the Belzona Flange Face Forming Kit contact us or find your local distributor.
You can apply to join Belzona Connect to access additional information including SDS and instructions for use.