A solvent-free, 2-part epoxy coating designed to provide outstanding protection to hot metal surfaces against corrosion under insulation (CUI). This surface-tolerant coating can be applied by brush directly onto hot metal surfaces from 30°C to 80°C (86°F - 176°F) with minimal preparation required.
- In-situ application by brush on live equipment operating at high temperatures with minimal surface preparation
- Excellent corrosion under insulation (CUI) protection of surfaces up to 80°C (176°F)
- Reduced health and safety risks as it is solvent-free
- Fast cure allowing equipment to be re-insulated with minimum delay
- Good chemical resistance against a wide range of chemicals
- Excellent adhesion even to manually prepared metals including stainless steel, carbon steel, aluminium, brass and copper
- Good adhesion to Belzona 5851 (HA-Barrier)* coating in overlap areas
Applications for Belzona 5841 include:
- Prevention of corrosion under insulation (CUI)
- Long-term corrosion protection of hot pipework and process equipment
- In-situ external coating of process vessels operating at high temperature during service, avoiding production downtime
*Also available is heat activated Belzona 5851 (HA-Barrier) coating, suitable for applications onto hot surfaces up to 150°C (302°F).
|Key technical data:
|Working life at 20°C (68°F)
|Time to full cure 80°C (176°F)
|Coverage rate at 80°C (176°F)
||Theoretical coverage rate for a 2 coat system:
4.98 sq.m. (53.6 sq.ft.) per kilogram at 80°C (176°F) per coat
||Up to 80°C (176°F)
|Heat distortion temperature (tested per ASTM D648)
||95°C (203°F) after 7 days cure at 80°C (176°F)
||Aluminium, copper, steel, stainless steel, cast iron, and other metals
||Prevention of CUI, surface-tolerant coating for live process equipment
||1 kg, 8 kg. Unit sizes may vary locally.
* All products are subject to regional restrictions. Check with your local Distributor for more information
For more information about Belzona 5841 please contact us or find your local distributor.
You can apply to join Belzona Connect to access additional information including SDS and instructions for use.