Machinery & Equipment
- Engines & Casings
- Fans, Blowers & Compressors
- Gaskets, Seals & Shims
- Valves, Pipes & Fittings
- Solids Handling Machinery
- Heat Exchangers
- Mechanical Power Transmission
- Tanks & Chemical Containment Areas
- Ships & Offshore Structures
Pumps - Restoration and Efficiency Enhancement
Heavily damaged pumps can be restored to their original profile by using Belzona cold curing metal repair composites. Our epoxy coatings for erosion-corrosion protection reduce further deterioration, increasing pump efficiency and reducing frequent maintenance costs.
Pump performance will decrease after prolonged, heavy duty or aggressive service as a result of erosion, corrosion, chemical attack, wear and cavitation.
Belzona’s range of metal repair composites:
- Rebuild the pump casing and impeller without the need of specialist tools
- Restore wear ring clearances
- Provide long-term corrosion and erosion protection
- Avoid the need for hot work
- Cure at ambient temperature
- Provide excellent adhesion to metal substrates including stainless steel, duplex steels, carbon steel, aluminium, cast iron and bronze as well as specialist alloys
- Protect against pump cavitation
Pump protection and efficiency improvement
Belzona supply a vast range of epoxy coatings designed for a variety of service conditions.
Our ceramic coatings such as Belzona 1321 (Ceramic S-Metal) provide long-term erosion-corrosion protection. Belzona 1341 (Supermetalglide) is designed specifically to increase pump efficiency using hydrophobic technology to repel process fluids and reduce turbulent flow. Efficiency increases of up to 7% have been recorded on new equipment and up to 20% on refurbished equipment.
Heavy wear situations such as sludge or sewage pumps are ideal environments for our abrasion resistant linings, which incorporate extremely hard fillers to provide maximum protection.
Additionally, protection of pump shafts against wear and seizure can be achieved using Belzona 1131 (Bearing Metal), which creates low friction surfaces due to its self-lubricating composition.
Furthermore, end covers, valve plates and rotors from vacuum pumps can all be rebuilt and protected using Belzona’s metal repair materials.
Other specialist coatings incorporating chemical, high temperature, erosion and cavitation resistance or a combination of these properties ensure Belzona have solutions for almost all service conditions.
Once in service, any local damage to Belzona coatings can be easily repaired allowing a rapid return to service, minimising outages.