Belzona 5812 DW
A two-component epoxy-based system applied by brush or spray for protection of metallic and non-metallic surfaces operating under immersion conditions in contact with water and aqueous solutions when potable water approval is required.
Use Belzona 5812DW in combination with Belzona 9241 aggregate to create a drinking water approved concrete rebuilding system for heavily damaged vertical and horizontal surfaces.
- Effective protection of equipment operating under immersion conditions from corrosion damage
- Belzona 5812 DW is approved by NSF for the applications in contact with drinking water
- Reduced health and safety risks as it is solvent-free
- Easy application by brush or spray and cure at room temperature - no hot work involved
- Eliminates the need for replacement and reduces downtime
- Excellent adhesion to virtually any surface including cast iron, stainless steel, brass, copper, concrete, wood, fiberglass and aluminium
Applications for Belzona 5812 DW:
- Metal and concrete structures in contact with potable water
- Corrosion protective coating for clarifiers, tanks, internal and external pipework, valves, fittings, water boxes, manholes, cooling tower pans operating in contact with potable water
- Corrosion protection of submersible pumps
- Concrete repair mortar (combined with Belzona 9241) for potable water tanks and pipework
|Key technical data:
|Working life at 25°C (77°F)
|Time to immersion service at 25°C (77°F)
|Pull off adhesion (ASTM D 4541)
||3,770 psi (26.0 MPa) on grit blasted steel
||Practical coverage rate for a 2 coat system:
3.4 sq.m. (36.5 sq.ft.) per litre per coat
||50°C (122°F) immersed, 150°C (302°F) dry
||Most surfaces including cast iron, stainless steel, brass, copper, concrete, wood, fiberglass and aluminium
||Protection of equipment operating under immersion in contact with water and aqueous solutions when potable water approval is required
||2 x 4L, 2 x 15L, 800L
Pack sizes may vary locally.
||North America and South America only
* All products are subject to regional restrictions. Check with your local Distributor for more information
For more information about Belzona 5812 DW please contact us or find your local distributor.
You can apply to join Belzona Connect to access additional information including SDS and instructions for use.