A 2-part spray or brush applied high temperature epoxy coating for erosion and corrosion protection of equipment operating under continuous immersion up to 95°C (203°F). This solvent-free coating can be easily mixed and applied at ambient temperatures as a one or two coat system. Its 24 hours overcoating window allows large applications to be quickly completed, reducing downtime.
Due to its capability for high film build in a single coat without sagging and superior erosion resistance, Belzona 1381 is ideally suited to be used as an epoxy pipe lining for protection of girth welds on internal field joints. This new generation spray-applied filler free coating provides the robust protection of a ceramic coating without causing wear or damage to spray equipment.
- High temperature epoxy coating providing outstanding erosion and corrosion resistance under immersed conditions
- Rapid application by airless spray without wear to spray equipment; can also be brush applied where required
- Allows for one or two coat application with 24 hours overcoat window
- Capable of high-build application (> 1250 microns) in a single coat without sagging
- Excellent cathodic disbondment resistance
- Excellent flexibility, toughness and impact resistance
- Outstanding chemical resistance against a wide range of chemicals
- Available in light colours to aid visibility in dark vessels during application and inspection
- Application and cure at room temperature - no hot work involved
- Reduced health and safety risks as it is solvent-free
- Excellent adhesion to most metal surfaces including carbon steel, stainless steel and specialist steels
Applications for Belzona 1381 include:
- High temperature epoxy coating providing excellent erosion and corrosion resistance for process vessels, separators, pumps, heat exchangers and condensers operating under immersion
- Epoxy pipe lining for protection of girth welds on internal field joints
- Repair of worn and damaged chutes and hoppers
- Long-term corrosion protection of scrubber units
|Key technical data:
|Working life at 25°C (77°F)
|Time to immersion service at 20°C (68°F)
|Pull off adhesion (D4541 / ISO 4624)
||4000 psi (27.6 MPa) on grit blasted mild steel
||Practical coverage rate for a 2 coat system:
2.4 sq.m. (25.8 sq.ft.) per kilogram per coat
||95°C (203°F) immersed, 200°C (392°F) dry
||Carbon steel, stainless steel, specialist alloys and other metals and materials
||Spray or brush applied epoxy coating for erosion and corrosion protection of equipment under immersion
||2.5 ltr, 8.5 ltr. Pack sizes may vary locally
* All products are subject to regional restrictions. Check with your local Distributor for more information
For more information about Belzona 1381 contact us or find your local distributor.
You can apply to join Belzona Connect to access additional information including SDS and instructions for use.