Belzona 1391T is a 2-part ceramic filled epoxy coating which provides erosion and corrosion resistance to high temperature equipment operating under immersion up to 120°C (248°F). It offers excellent resistance to a wide range of aqueous solutions, hydrocarbons and process chemicals.
This 2-coat, solvent free system is applied using simple hand tools to areas requiring maximum erosion resistance. It has a long overcoat window and can be rapidly force cured allowing applications to be effectively completed with minimal downtime, shortening application time and simplifying maintenance procedures.
For situations where a sprayable coating is required, Belzona Belzona 1391S is ideal.
- Operates at high temperature under immersed conditions
- Excellent erosion and corrosion resistance
- Reduced health and safety risks as it is solvent free
- Good electrical insulation properties
- High compressive strength
- Application and cure at room temperature - no hot work involved
- Excellent chemical resistance against a wide range of chemicals
- No shrinkage, expansion or distortion
- Excellent bonding to many metal surfaces including steel, stainless steel, specialist steels
- Suitable for steaming out up to 210°C (410°F)
Applications for Belzona 1391T include:
- High temperature coatings for process vessels, distillation columns, heat exchangers, clarifiers and scrubber units operating under immersion
- Protecting pumps, valves, hot water tanks and separators from the effects of erosion and corrosion
- High strength structural adhesive for metal bonding
- Creation of irregular load bearing shims
|Key technical data:
|Working life at 20°C (68°F)
|Time to full service at 30°C (86°F)
|Pull off adhesion (D4541 / ISO 4624)
||3,770 psi (25.99 MPa) on blasted mild steel
||0.89 m² (9.6 sq.ft) per kilogram to achieve minimum recommended system thickness
||120°C (248°F) immersed
||Steel, stainless steel and other metals
||High temperature coating of process equipment, bonding and shimming
||1kg, 3kg. Pack sizes may vary locally.
For more information about Belzona 1391Tcontact us or find your local distributor.
You can apply to join Belzona Connect to access additional information including MSDS and instructions for use.