Belzona SuperWrap II
Belzona SuperWrap II offers a new generation repair solution for corroded, weakened and holed pipe and tank walls, compliant to ISO24817 and ASME PCC-2. It comprises a fluid grade resin system, a bespoke hybrid reinforcement sheet based on fibre glass and carbon fibre, as well as release film to consolidate and finish off the application.
The system is available in two different resin grades, Belzona 1981 and Belzona 1982, making it suitable for applications in various service temperatures (from 5°C/41°F to 80°C/176°F) as well as where either a short or long working life is required.
This composite repair system was engineered for pipe wrap and patch repair as an alternative to replacing defective metallic substrates, providing superior strength, corrosion and chemical resistance. Belzona SuperWrap II allows quick and easy repair of equipment within industries such as Oil and Gas, Power Generation and Marine.
- Compliant to ISO24817 and ASME PCC-2 and applied by trained and validated personnel
- Quick and easy to apply even under online conditions, ensuring rapid back to service time
- Belzona paste-grade is available for restoration of pitted surfaces prior to application of the compliant wrap system
- Can be used in service temperatures ranging from 5°C (41°F) to 80°C (176°F)
- Superior strength (high Young’s modulus),
- Outstanding corrosion and chemical resistance
- Thermal expansion coefficient similar to that of steel, reducing build-up of strain due to thermal cycling
- Long working life of Belzona 1982 resin allows application in large volumes
- Excellent bonding to carbon steel
- Reduced health and safety risks as it is solvent-free
- Validated training available for Belzona SuperWrap II Designers, Supervisors and Installers, providing specific theoretical knowledge and practical skills
Applications for Belzona SuperWrap II include:
- Composite pipe wrap system for the repair of complex geometries of pipes including bends, straights and tees
- Compliant patch repair to large diameter pipes (over 600mm) and tank walls
- Repair of through wall and thin wall defects on pipes and tank walls
|Key technical data:
At 20°C (68°F) for Belzona 1981
At 40°C (104°F) for Belzona 1982
|Time to full service
>10°C (>50°F) for Belzona 1981
>20°C (>68°F) for Belzona 1982
|Surface preparation standard required
||SA 2.5 (8501-1) and minimum 75 microns profile
||ISO24817 and ASME PCC-2
|Maximum design temperature
for through wall and thin wall defects)
||Pipe and tank repairs, patch repairs
||Belzona 1981 or Belzona 1982 - Two fluid grade resins available (3 kg each);
Belzona 9381 - A carbon fibre and glass fibre reinforcement sheet (84mm x 64m, 254mm x 64m, 1.27mm x 10m);
Belzona 9382 - Release film (100mm x 500m)
* All products are subject to regional restrictions. Check with your local Distributor for more information
For more information about Belzona SuperWrap II contact us or find your local distributor.
You can apply to join Belzona Connect to access additional information including SDS and instructions for use.