Belzona 1391 (Ceramic HT)
A 2-part ceramic filled epoxy coating which provides erosion and corrosion resistance to high temperature equipment operating under immersion up to 120°C (248°F). This solvent-free coating provides excellent resistance to a wide range of aqueous solutions, hydrocarbons and process chemicals. It is easy to mix and can be applied using a stiff bristled brush or applicator.
Belzona 1391 (Ceramic HT) can also be used as a high strength structural adhesive for metal bonding and to create irregular load bearing shims where a high temperature material is required.
- Operates at high temperature under immersed conditions
- Excellent erosion and corrosion resistance
- Reduced health and safety risks as it is solvent-free
- High compressive strength
- Application and cure at room temperature - no hot work involved
- Excellent chemical resistance against a wide range of chemicals
- No shrinkage, expansion or distortion
- Excellent bonding to many metal surfaces including steel, stainless steel, specialist steels
Applications for Belzona 1391 (Ceramic HT) include:
- High temperature coatings for process vessels, distillation columns, heat exchangers, clarifiers and scrubber units operating under immersion
- Protecting pumps, valves, hot water tanks and separators from the effects of erosion and corrosion
- Protection of pipework from moisture and chemical attack
- High strength structural adhesive for metal bonding
- Creation of irregular load bearing shims
|Key technical data:
|Working life at 25°C (77°F)
|Time to immersion service at 25°C (77°F)
|Pull off adhesion (D4541 / ISO 4624)
||6030 psi (41.58MPa) on blasted mild steel
For service temperatures of 100°C - 120°C (212°F - 248°F)
Practical coverage rate for a 2 coat system:
1st coat 0.39 sq.m. (4.2 sq.ft.) per kilogram
2nd coat 1.00 sq.m. (11.0 sq.ft.) per kilogram
||120°C (248°F) immersed, 200°C (392°F) dry
||Steel, stainless steel and other metals
||High temperature coating of process equipment, bonding and shimming
||3kg. Pack sizes may vary locally.
* All products are subject to regional restrictions. Check with your local Distributor for more information
For more information about Belzona 1391 (Ceramic HT) contact us or find your local distributor.
You can apply to join Belzona Connect to access additional information including SDS and instructions for use.