A 2-part epoxy-based ceramic filled, solvent-free coating applied by brush or spray for the protection of metallic and non-metallic surfaces operating under immersion conditions in contact with aqueous solutions.
Belzona 5821 provides an outstanding protection from the effects of salt, water, acids, alkalis, alcohols and hydrocarbons. The coating can be applied to virtually any rigid surface including cast iron, stainless steel, brass, copper, concrete, wood, fiberglass and aluminium.
- Effective protection of critical equipment operating under immersion conditions in contact with aqueous solutions
- Reduced health and safety risks as it is solvent-free
- Easy application by brush or spray
- Application and cure at room temperature - no hot work involved
- Excellent chemical resistance against a wide range of chemicals such as sea water, salt, alkalis, alcohols and crude oil
- Eliminates the need for replacement and reduces downtime
- Excellent adhesion to virtually any rigid surface including cast iron, stainless steel, brass, copper, concrete, wood, fiberglass and aluminium
Applications for Belzona 5821 include:
- Epoxy coating for tanks, bunds, pumps, submersible pumps, pipes, heat exchangers and clarifiers operating under immersion
- Protection of tanks and secondary containment areas from chemical attack and erosion and corrosion damage
- Protection of pipework from erosion, corrosion and chemical attack
- High strength adhesive for metal bonding
|Key technical data:
|Working life at 20°C (68°F)
|Time to immersion service at 20°C (68°F)
|Pull off adhesion (D4541 / ISO 4624)
||5,290 psi (36.5 MPa) on grit blasted steel
||2.5 sq.m (27 sq.ft) per ltr
||50°C (122°F) immersed, 150°C (302°F) dry
||Most surfaces including cast iron, stainless steel, brass, copper, concrete, wood, fiberglass and aluminium
||Protection of equipment operating under immersion, metal bonding
||4 ltr and 15 ltr - Pack sizes may vary locally
||North America and South America only
* All products are subject to regional restrictions. Check with your local Distributor for more information
For more information about Belzona 5821 please contact us or find your local distributor.
You can apply to join Belzona Connect to access additional information including SDS and instructions for use.